Brisbane is a great city for families. Children (and parents) will enjoy a visit to these inner city attractions:
- The Queensland Museum has plenty to amuse children (most exhibitions are free).
- The Sciencentre is part of the Museum and has lots of activities that children will love (admission fee).
- The State Library of Queensland has a free area for young children called The Corner and The Parlour has old-fashioned games for older kids. There’s also free wi-fi.
- Both the Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art have regular programs aimed at children and young adults (most exhibitions are free).
- South Bank has an inner city beach and water play area along with play grounds (all free admission).
- The public library in Brisbane Square, at the high end of the Queen Street Mall has an indoor play area for small children.
- The Queen Street Mall has regular free shows
- Roma Street Parklands and the City Botanic Gardens both have play grounds, picnic areas and plenty of interesting areas for children to explore (no admission fee).